Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kite Aerial Photography KAP introduction

Recently while surfing the internet, I stumbled upon a site that featured fascinating aerial photographs taken on a camera suspended from a flying kite. I have always enjoyed kite flying, and for the past ten years I’ve owned a large kite known as a Power Sled. It’s designed to lift other kites, streamers, and wind socks into the air by attaching them to the Power Sled’s main kite line; but after all these years this was the first time I had given thought to flying a camera from my kite. I began on a “kite string” budget. Even though I started off doing everything wrong, I was able to capture some fun photos on my first attempt.

Welcome to my adventures in kite aerial photography. Follow along as I share the steps I’ve taken to make this hobby work, and stay tuned, as I continue to post exciting new photos here on The Kite Aerial Photography of Gary Eugene Howell.

No comments: